Mercury Retrograde January 2016

Mercury is Retrograde January 5 until 26 2016. Mercury will station retrograde and direct on two important fixed stars I have written articles about; Vega and Altair. These stars are part of constellations that contain two iconic birds of prey, the Eagle and the Vulture. Interestingly, the last Mercury Retrograde was conjunct Algorab which can rule terrorism, and god knows this theme has been on our minds since the Paris Attack in November 2015. So I must admit to being quite worried about this Mercury Retrograde. This is because the chart for the Retrograde itself has Sun square Lilith activating Uranus square Pluto. Also if you include the shadow phases, Mercury will conjunct Pluto to ignite this extremist square three times.

Words Of Prey

Mercury is our minds of course, but also rules the mass media. The theme of mind-control and magic seems very strong, with Mercury/Pluto being the signature of this retrograde. Both Vega and Altair I associate with great empires like Rome who’s success can be attributed in part to the power of art and culture to shape the thoughts of the masses. The Eagle is famously a symbol for the USA, but was also used by the Nazi party. All empires know the power of symbol, with the use of art, design and glamour to seduce a nation. Hollywood works it’s magic for the US while the Nazi’s military styling (designed by Hitler himself ) worked potent sorcery on their enemy and on the moral of their troops.

Mercury Retrograde Journey

Mercury square Mars is the first aspect of the retrograde period and is a call to action. It’s a pretty harsh chart and I am thankful that this did not occur through the sensitive period Christmas. It’s all squares, with just a timid Moon sextile Jupiter for relief. Lilith square Sun/Pluto square Uranus T-Square spell….Black magic? Witchcraft? Heretics? Venus square Neptune adds love delusion and a touch of the dark cupid. Moon square Ceres can be abduction and mourning. I really don’t likeMercury Retrograde January 2016making negative assumptions, but there is no way I can sugar-coat this one! Forbidden fruit, obsession, psychopaths, heroin, psychological warfare, abuse, paedophilia, child abductions, mental cruelty, possession, slavery, female suicide bombers are all words that come to me when I looked at that chart.

Saying all that, there is no cause for alarm either. Yes I know this sounds like a contradiction, but these cosmic blueprints do not have to manifest as actual events. Instead these are themes that will obsess those natives that this Mercury retrograde touches. Just so you know, this one will conjunct both my Sun and 8th house Mercury and I’m not worried ok? Instead I am relishing the thought of writing and researching some of these taboo topics. However, since the media is so good at scaring the pants off us, they may well indeed create some false flags which play into these themes. So expect to see quite a few missing children stories or the arrest of a child killer complete with gruesome accounts of what the evil killer supposedly did.. My feeling is that any cruel and manipulative media campaign will backfire horribly, causing fury in many.

Mercury Retrograde January 2016

Mercury RetrogradeMercury retrograde begins with Mercury square Mars from Jan 5 – 10. Mars strong in Scorpio and very militant can override whatever Mercury represents. Example; protesters at press conferences, forest fires blocking roads or overheated engines. Actually, any travel early this retrograde could well be typically problematic, especially while Mercury is still on Altair with ‘Disappointment on long journeys’ around Jan 5/6. Just give yourself plenty of time. Maybe there is traffic due to those pesky protesters. Impatience and road rage could be rife at this time.

After Jan 11 however, Mercury will trine Jupiter and the North Node which I think will be a beautifully creative time even if Mercury is technically combust due to its proximity to the Sun. Mercury will be on the inspirational Peacock star, so it will be a great time for artists and writers to showcase their work. Ideally I would pick Jan 14, the day of the cazimi since now Sun conjunct Mercury is fortunate in the throne of the king. (A conjunction under 17′.) An added bonus is Mercury also trines benefic Jupiter (conjunct the North Node.) I think this is very auspicious since Jupiter is on Alkes in the Holy Grail. This bring hope and blessings from the ancestors, so make sure you tap into their inspirational well from Jan 11 – 16. This can also feel extremely healing. Any water therapy is great at this time. Swim in the ocean if you can or go to a spa. This trine happens in the pre and post shadow too so check dates at the end of this post.

Mercury Direct & Fixed Stars ~ General Meaning & Key Dates

2015 Horoscopes

791 thoughts on “Mercury Retrograde January 2016

• July 14, 2012 at 7:23 am

Huh I am 12 Leo Sun 10 Pluto and it seems to be making me FEEL. Feel like Sleeping Beauty is waking from her sleep with a lot of feelings coming up.

• July 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm

yummy Anne Rice just came out with and erotic version of “Sleeping Beauty” Haven’t read it and may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but……..passing the word.

• July 15, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Not much eroticism here!!! I will check it out.

• July 14, 2012 at 9:29 am

Dear Marina,
    Am a 25th March born Aries with Venus in Pisces. Your Mercury retrograde write up was like a revelation. I have never ever read such amazingly beautiful elaboration on Mercury retrograde. Just like your dates say, my twin (My twin as in my beloved, who’s a 13th April born Aries also with Venus in Pisces.)has been separated from me yesterday,it’s not a break up but he is having other pressures in his life and he badly needed a break to attend to those and he has gone back to his hometown(mercury retrograde!) You can imagine it’s like a tearing apart experience for both of us as we stayed together and shared each and everything. His love is almost perennial and unconditional for me, but he is for unknown reason confused about this relation lately. He is supposed to come back after two months but at this point of time suffering from huge indecision. Am totally crestfallen and alone and don’t know what to do. I can only hope that he comes back and that this is just a temporary separation and that his confusion gets cleared. Please, kindly enlighten me with your advice.

• July 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Just let go. Trust in the divine Plan. Take comfort that whatever happens will be for the highest good –. Your loving trust and detachment will give your Beloved the space he needs and he is more likely to come back to you.

• July 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm

aquarius02,
      Thank you so much for your reply. My optimism is strong, my faith in him and the universe is extreme. And when he will come back i’ll surely let you know on this page.

• July 14, 2012 at 10:59 am

How would I know where any of this is right now in my chart? Thats a big question isnt it? I have a natal chart, but thats all. Little help please? :)

• August 15, 2012 at 3:17 pm

No? ok,another place Im invisible. I keep wondering if I should use this power for good or evil.

• July 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm

July 15 – Mercury stationary retrograde in my 11th house, conjunct my natal Mars
    August 8 – Mercury stationary direct at 1ºLeo 26?, in my 11th house too, conjunct progressed Mars. In the same day transit jupiter is conjunct my natal MC.

I’m curious what these aspects will bring. Mars could be a lover…

• July 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm

The past 2 years have been VERY TRYING in relationship with my husband (pisces sun/ virgo rising). I am a last decan virgo born in 1972 with scorpio rising at 2 degrees.
    This hits my Venus in Leo dead on and I am worried this is the end of days for us. Very much an emotional rollercoaster as the “Love Tryst” seems to be an issue. I do feel co dependent,but on my own at the same time. I’ve been watching a relationship train wreck happen all the while trying to to be patient but I am very frustrated and feel completely foolish. When will this be over!!! I hold out hope he comes to his senses before I do something rash. I am struggling with major trust issues and severe hurt, and now this is affecting me physically. Am i doing the right thing by letting him work through this, I feel the more I assert my hurt and express my feelings with him the more I push him away. Please help with some insight. Thanks