Home Moon Phases New Moon March 2011- Saturn Stings!

New Moon March 2011- Saturn Stings!

The New Moon on March 4 2011 is at 13 degrees Pisces. It is not conjunct any star, but the Moons North Node is conjunct ACUMEN, the stinger of the Scorpion.

Now before we go any further I want you too please take a look at the chart. (Huber). Look at how Saturn is isolated and appears to be shooting right at the heart of the mass of planets on the other side.
Saturn is authority and the Moon is the public. It’s amazing because it really does seem to mirror what’s been going on in the Middle East right now.

I kept the local AC (Usually 0 degs Aries),because I thought it might mean something for London with Saturn there. It looks like civil unrest with the police firing water guns on the demonstrators.  It takes a lot to get us Brits up in arms but you never know..

You have the macho men Pluto sextile Mars protecting Venus, the women. Which could be about sexuality, but it could also be about fighting to the death. Will this unaspected Venus come out from under the veil? She is isolated, but she actually has far more power than she realises. ACUMEN is in a star cluster said to cause vision problems and “a morbid outlook”. It’s like this veil is blinding Venus from seeing how much support she actually has around her. This applies to isolated housewives also. Get online (Uranus) and find your Lilith sisters!

It is fascinating that we have been discussing the burqa in context with the upcoming Uranus/Lilith conjunction. They are within orb right now and their midpoint is exact square that ACUMEN. Women’s rage boiling under the mask, ready to lash out, but like the Scorpion they must be careful not to get killed in the process. What is interesting is that the North Node is also conjunct SINISTRA, while the planet of sex, Mars, is parallel SINISTRA. So here comes Lilith again. This star in the snake charmer is “Lustful, wanton, infamous, scandalous, addicted to sorcery and poisoning.” [1]

Is that what the burqa is covering, those writhing serpents?  From a feminist perspective the chart looks like women being subjugated under the dominant Saturn. But the degree of domination changes depending from where you view it around the world. Here in the Uk, Saturn is only just above the horizon and not bearing down on women (Or the masses) too much. But if you look at it from Tripoli, Saturn is pinning them down to the ground with poor Venus buried on the IC. In Sex & The City’s New York the gals rises up like the wave of a Tsunami and in Sydney it looks like a tug of war between the two in favour of the people. There as with New York, Venus is higher than Saturn.

The general theme though is a lone Saturn- Patriarchy, that is appearing to dominate and call the shots. But if the people realised their strength, and opened their eyes, they’d find the odds are actually stacked in their favour.

The Moon is conjunct the asteroid Bohemia. Venus and Mercury unaspected are the artists and writers, shielding them is a Pluto Jupiter square which is the top layer of the mass of planets. That is big business or the benefactor, the artists agents or even the pimp. This turns the tables, could this Saturn actually be the liberator of Venus now? That quincunx of adjustment maybe even unpicking the lock of chastity here. Chasing away the profiteers. Venus as cash and Pluto/Jupiter the bankers holding it to ransom. Will the people demand the government step in and unlock the power the banks hold over us?

Cop out?

We need to know how to make Saturn work in our favour. As the authorities it can save the battered wife or abused child. Like I was saying on the Lilith Revolution thread,  it does not help to be blaming “Men” for all of the sins of the world. Saturn is not just the big bad patriarch. At his best he is the rock that we cling too when Uranian craziness takes us too far into la la land. He is the big daddy we run back to when we are stung. At the same time he can’t wrap us up in cotton wool or burqas forever.  This Moon gives us the opportunity to make peace with our Saturn whoever or whatever he may be in our lives.

Is he the agent that we feel is exploiting our creativity? Is he the Dad who won’t let us stay out later than 10.30pm, he is the husband who grunts when we go out boozing with the girls? With all these scenarios, you could say you must make a stand and tell the evil oppressor to **** off. But if you look at it from another angle you could see the positive effects of Saturns protective role.

In looking out for his “family”, that Saturnian agent will ensure you get paid a decent rate for your work, your dads zealous time-keeping might get you out of late night herpes- riddled teen sex, and your nagging hubby could save you from liver damage. Like the hair of the dog, the New Moon with Acumen says part of that which poisons you could contain the cure.

NB: I have added the chart for Wisconsin in view of the revolution happening there. I like the way the Democrats have “Copped out” of voting.

[1] The Fixed Stars & Constellations Robson, p.208.

ARCHIVE COMMENTS

fws on February 26, 2011 at 10:57 pm
amazing article…congrats

I m ready to contact ‘my saturn’ for a very important professional issue….
I wish it works out positively, because I am really stressed out.
You gave me Hope! Thanx

Marina on February 27, 2011 at 8:27 pm
I’m glad I gave you hope and you have got how to apply this to your life personally. I had worried that I had gone too Mundane with this Moon and people wouldn’t see how they could apply iy to their personal lives. Something Jamie said…Maybe he is my Saturn huh?!

We all have that internal policeman that waves his finger at us when we are about to take an enthusiastic whole hearted huge leap into the unknown. I know when I get into something new I just go nuts with it. Saturn doesn’t really have much of a chance with Jupiter rising.

Tsilikat on February 27, 2011 at 8:41 pm
Hello Marina

Like a beautiful painting, almost a song, a bit sad but full of hope. Really nice. Still thinking about Bohemia (smile).

Using old tricks to restore faith, I spot Venus & Saturn in mutual reception: let’s art, love (and a well balanced set of nerves) to save us all.

Marina on February 27, 2011 at 10:22 pm
Ah so they are in mutual reception. Its not a method I use but I can see it fits nice with this whole story. Its funny I stumbled upon Libra seeking balances moon post and although she is very signs-based she still mentioned Saturn and Venus (for different reasons but sort of saying the same thing). And she mentioned the bowl pattern too.
I always am fascinated how different brands of astro can come up with a similar interp. All adds to the fun!

Nate on February 28, 2011 at 12:54 am
SR return mars is on acumen… Square Midheaven.

This should be a doozy.

Charyl on February 28, 2011 at 7:29 pm
My girl friend is going in for a 2 hr operation for reflux and hernia. The pisces stellium transit is conjunct her natal moon in pisces and chiron too.
She is 69, a 4th house cancer and has been an active athletic person as well as astrology. I told her not to worry he’s not going to want to lose her, it’s not good for his reputation. He seems to be very careful and cautious. A+.

Charyl on February 28, 2011 at 7:30 pm
She’s going in early am on the 3rd if all goes according to plan.

Marina on March 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm
Oh wow what timing! Like you said she should be safe in Saturns capable hands. I guess she will have an anesthetic? I was just thinking of the Saturn sting being like the needle going in. Painful but necessary. So very Saturn huh? Wish her luck from us

Maggie on March 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm
This gives me transiting Mars on my MC at 7? 27? Pisc, with Pluto trine from Cap (I think?). Does this give me a sliver of hope for good things in career?? Having metaphorically (/literally) lost my kids, home, assets and partner over the last 2 years, as well as having redirected my career (since teaching quals unrecognised in a move from NZ back to my native UK) I’m earning about 1/3 of my former income (and most grateful to the universe for the job!)but need to make some serious career progress if I am to keep my head above water and save enough to visit my kids in NZ. Striving for progress, though it can feel like the head and the brick wall at times. Any signs of encouragement greeted with gratitude! Thanks for such a great site, it’s both fun and enlightening; astrology has been wonderfully anchoring for me through a myriad of changes, even when it’s just been the knowledge that ‘this, too, shall pass!’.

Marina on March 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm
Oooh Pluto trine the MC is the one to watch for. Thats great, utter transformation of both career and home (it will be sextiling IC) Without knowing your year of birth its hard to say when Pluto will hit it precisely because we use precession. That will make it later than usual. But its certainly applying right now so you really should be feeling its effects. Mars will be the activator though as I think you really do have to kick those lazy trines to make them work. Still, trines are Jupiter aspects and Pluto is big wealth when it has a Jupiter influence so best of luck. It also depends how accurate your birthtime is too. With PLuto being so slow, a minute or two can make all the difference. Atleast you know its coming though:)

Maggie on March 3, 2011 at 1:42 pm
Well, better brace myself, then! Thanks so much for this – and when the boat finally does come in, I’ll invest in a chart interpretation for sure! Thanks again, Namaste and Blessings!

Anna Accardi on March 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm
What does the new moon in Aries this Friday, along with Saturn and Scorpio’s sting, mean for the “revolution” that’s happening in Wisconsin?

Marina on March 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm
Just had a quick look at the chart there is a Yod to the AC from Mars and Pluto. Potent. Could be power to the people with Saturn down in the 3rd house?. The chart is a similar set up to the one in New York that is on this post. But I’m not really clued up on Wisconsin I’m afraid!

Anna Accardi on March 3, 2011 at 3:18 am
Hello,

I apologize for not being clearer. When I asked about what the coming new moon means for Wisconsin, I guess I assumed people were aware of the critical political happenings here. In case you’re interested, there is a 144 page bill before the state senate that is trying to take a big step in the Republican agenda to dismantle the middle class of Wisconsin. Thousands of people are protesting. We are in Day 19. 14 state senators (all Democrats) have left and are in Illinois so that the senate does not have a quorum and cannot vote/pass the bill. If this bill passes in Wisconsin, then other states will likely follow suit. The nations working middle class is in danger – the scorpion’s tail is right in front of us! Will it sting us??

This is a critical issue and I was hoping to get some guidance or see glimpses of what our fate is. If this is asking too much, then please pay no notice. But, I would appreciate any info you see fit to share. Thank you for your responses so far. I’m trying my best to interpret them.

Anna

Marina on March 3, 2011 at 11:04 am
Here is the New Moon chart for Wisconsin.

This is very important isn’t it?! Sorry to be ignorant of US politics. I actually heard this uprising mentioned on a Planet Waves Podcast while I was researching Podcasting in general. I wasn’t sure about using local charts, I like to keep it international, but in this case with Saturn being out on its own like that I really thought it was important. Turns out it IS important in this case.

I REALLY hope I am right and that the middle classes will stand up to this. It’s great that because of the time of day, in the US Saturn is stuck right down on the IC. Now that could make it angular and powerful, BUT Venus is also on the DC which I think is stronger, but it is unaspected… hmmm. The Moon is the the 8th (other peoples money). I do think it looks like the solidarity around this Moon must make it stronger. Jupiter (Law) square Pluto (Powerpolitics) looks like the people are using the laws of the land against the government. Mars sextile Pluto is blossoming rebellion.

Incidentally there are two whats known as learning triangles in this set up. Crisis (the square) starts with Pluto (Feeling bullied), goes to Jupiter (The Law) using that law to find a solution (The green semi-sextile) which brings things to an act of defiance (Mars) which sees a resolution (sextile) between that action (Mars) and the people of power (Pluto). The other one is more esoteric. Uranus to North Node to Neptune… But ALOT will be learnt from this. Very interesting and glad you brought this up Anna.

I’m not a great mundane astrologer, I’m much more comfortable putting people on the couch;) But I thought I should have a go!

rob on March 3, 2011 at 8:04 pm
you know I’d really like to see you taking on the mundane astro challenge more Marina – I like your take…

I was interested to see how this mini revolt is ballooning in the States, picking up the global beat to some extent and seems it is turning into more than a storm in a tea-cup

the newly elected govener of Winsconsin Scott Walker has ambition and will dig in, so the Saturn placement reflects his position quite well – we do not have a birth time for him but he has Scorpio Sun, Mars in Capricorn square Saturn in Aries; extreme measures without too much thought and unlikely to back down, and looking like a deceiver out for power – a boisterously political Conservative who’s likely to fire off when provoked with radical controlling action rather than negotiation or diplomacy – he’s a little raw about his own intellectual stance and is going to use weight rather than finesse when he opens his mouth, and this could be his banana skin in the long run – the interesting thing is that Jupiter is currently provoking his Saturn and Pluto is relentlessly undermining his Mars

The feature of the NM Winsconsin chart that clinches it for me though is the Pluto Mars Yod to the Asc with Venus at the reaction point on the DC – this makes Saturn retro on the IC look very defensive, digging in, controlling from within his increasingly politically isolated position (I heard that senators had left Winsconsin so that Walker could not get his policies ratified), so I go with you in giving the weight to Venus – and the NM/Sun quincunx Saturn is a provocative sting (thanks) to his politically entrenched ego – he will end up stinging himself in his political foot before he gives up – Venus on the NM DC does indeed carry the balancing values, and rightful ire of the people that could just expose his Scorpio Sun’s infidelity towards protecting the peoples wealth – he’s all for fines not benefits.

Anna on March 4, 2011 at 1:55 am
Rob, thanks for your response, too. Yes, this is more than a storm in a tea cup!

It is helpful to know that the governor has a Scorpio Sun, Capricorn Mars, and Saturn in Aries. Thanks for figuring that out! This governor IS taking extreme measures without thinking of the consequences. And even though public workers have agreed to pay more for their health insurance and take paycuts, he is unwilling to negotiate. That’s because there are many pages in that bill that have to do with many other divisive things, including getting rid of the unions that protect the rights of the workers.

I agree that his use of weight rather than finesse is going to turn out be part of his downfall as governor. If you have some time, then I would love for you to explain more about what it means by “Jupiter is currently provoking his Saturn and Pluto is relentlessly undermining his Mars.”

I’m glad to hear that you, like Marina, give weight to Venus. I especially like that you see this governor, as stinging himself in his political foot. He is protecting the very wealthy and the corporations, giving many millions of dollars of tax breaks to both, while putting the bulk of the financial strain on the backs of middle class workers and poor families. Part of his 144 page proposal/bill is to to take away health care from families with children who have too little money to pay for it themselves. I hope the sting is enough to put a stop to his unfairness and get him recalled from office!

I appreciate your comments and analysis. If you follow this situation as time passes, your interpretation, as well as Marina’s, is valued. Thank you.

Marina on March 4, 2011 at 10:53 am
Thanks for adding both your comments Rob and Maggie. I will try and keep an eye on this as I think it’s SO important for people power in general. New charts up with Ceres in there too and Chiron. And they are still all on the people power side so yes, Saturn is still very much on his own. Poor lonely Saturn….;)

Anna on March 4, 2011 at 1:19 am
I do believe you are correct in your interpretation, Marina. The rebellion is definitely blossoming and we are using the law of the land (protesting in and around the Capitol that is owned by the people). There is much solidarity and the power of the people is staying strong – we have to stay strong because this is big! Yes, we will come to a resolution and will likely use the law to find it, perhaps recalling some Republican Wisconsin state senators and eventually recalling this new governor. Recalling involves obtaining many signatures to boot them out of office. Shouldn’t be too hard to do now that people’s eyes are being opened about what’s at stake here. We need to keep the middle class intact!

Learning triangle 1 – The governor and his cronies are bullying the people and the Democratic Wisconsin state senators who have left the state so the “gag” bill won’t pass. The governor is passing legislation to bully us all more, but in the end, I believe the law is on the side of the people. We will prevail.

If you think of any ideas about the second, more esoteric, learning triangle, then I’d be interested in hearing about it. No matter, I really appreciate your response. Thank you!

Anna on March 5, 2011 at 4:22 pm
Marina,
Thanks for adding the Wisconsin chart to the New Moon site!

I know “big daddy” Governor Walker thinks he’s doing the right thing for Wisconsin (to protect the wealthy and the corporations) but his agenda (and that of the Republican party – remember our previous Republican president George Bush) is not in the best interests of most people. I hope
Venus prevails!

Anna

Marina on March 3, 2011 at 1:19 am
I’ve bloody had my sting…:(
Oh Jesus, this Moon is actually ON my natal Saturn. Ah.

Jamie on March 3, 2011 at 2:10 am
We are still under the influence of the last New Moon, which was on your MC, your public profile and image, your professionalism.

When we were skyping earlier, I gave you a sting about the Huber charts you have used in this blog. I would prefer you to stick with the standard charts to keep uniformity in this website, and with all the other astrology sites our readers visit. You can still use the Huber techniques while using a standard chart, nothing really changes with the positions or aspects.

This March New Moon is on your Saturn, the focus for March will be on structure, form, technique. Just like the MC, Saturn also represents achievement and recognition. On the same day as the New Moon, Mercury is conjunct your Chiron, opposite your Uranus. Chiron is now square your Lunar Nodes. Chiron is the astrologer in you.

Marina on March 4, 2011 at 11:16 am
Well we certainly been battling it out havent we?!. I cannot bear those normal charts. I am an artist and my eye gets offended by the basic charts. Atleast you have pushed me to make it more clearer. I have made a chart that suits how I work and has the seconds AND the zodiac signs against the planet glyphs. While I was at it I found out how on solar fire you can make the planets nice colours to go with their personalities!!! And they help me read the chart better. Its more intuitive now.

So if we have to have different charts on our different posts so be it. I dont think people expect us to be clones of each other! Jesus I even did zodiac signs before and you didn’t mind us being different then!

Yes my way of working as an astrologer has had a major revamp, I have found my own Saturn structure on which to hang my more radical Goddessey readings. I like the good solid German structure of the Germanic HUBER school. Atleast it has been researched and is true and tested. I like to have something rock solid to anchor myself on. Hurrah I have found it and it’s so good not to feel so isolated as an astrologer.

Today Mercury is EXACT conjunct my Chiron and opposite Uranus squaring my AC. Wowzer!
As well is this Moon being on my SAturn.

Oh yes I forgot. Remember in this moon “The Moon is conjunct the asteroid Bohemia. Venus and Mercury unaspected are the artists and writers, shielding them is a Pluto Jupiter square which is the top layer of the mass of planets. That is big business or the benefactor, the artists agents or even the pimp.”

I have to maintain artistic control of my posts. The charts are INTEGRAL to it. There are not a little add on! I believe the symbols and the colours in a chart are magical. Therefore its important for me that the public see what I am seeing when I look at a chart.

I’m not just stamping my foot for the hell of it, being a Lilith and saying” I want my charts you bully!!”
It’s important for all artists to try to keep their artistic integrity when it comes to the commercial world. I think that’s all I’m doing. And I do think i have made a compromise that actually I like the look of even better:)) So thank you Saturn!

Jamie on March 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm
Sweet, after your tweaking, the new charts do not offend by critical Saturn eye. Is this a Ms Jupiter, Mr Saturn compromise? Oh crap, they are opposite at the end of this month, just a few days after you get down here. Oh crap, I better start cleaning the house now!

KK on March 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm
‘New Moon with Acumen says part of that which poisons you could contain the cure.’

How apt with my current project research about a very bitter plant that cures Cancer and HIV.

Great read as always, Marina. More power!

Marina on March 4, 2011 at 8:50 am
Oh wow thats sounds really interesting. Plant power eh? Where is Ceres in this chart?! Resources. I am going to replaced the charts adding Ceres and my new verson Huber charts I have drawn up that meet my Saturn husbands approval! I worked on them for THREE hours yesterday on Solar Fire. Art meets Astrology )..

KK on March 4, 2011 at 11:46 am
Yes, I think Ceres prominently figures here as it does in my natal. My Ceres is at 14 degrees Pisces Rx in the 8th house. Guess what, natal Jupiter magnifies it at 17 degrees Pisces in the same house! As if to ground it deeper into my psyche, Mercury/Venus/Saturn conjunction in Cancer 12th house trines this Jupiter/Ceres aspect; where taken altogether creates a perfect water grand trine with my IC/Merlin.

I’m standing juxtaposed at the crux of my destiny, Marina. I can feel it around me.

Very, very inspiring blog as ever.

KK on March 4, 2011 at 12:25 pm
Last week my account was disabled from a popular U.S. based medical support website, reason being they have to look into my research details first before I could start inviting volunteers to join in. All my posts were removed from the site, when all it ever contained was the suggestive idea that the cure is a plant-based food and not a drug.

Marina on March 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm
Gosh! Thats radical. I really hope the pharmaceuticals gets a shake up. Its a pet hate of mine. Dont get me started on vaccinations and Mercury fillings. I am seeing a kinseologist at the moment and she is wonderful! Ceres strong in my chart in a minor grand trine to Sun and north node. Flower power indeed.

KK on March 5, 2011 at 1:01 am
Yup. What with this lifelong observation that most sensible people I know secretly hate their doctors, and the latter’s prescriptions! They only go for mandatory check-ups for insurance purposes! Alternative and holistic healing are the best thus far.

Again, you’ve put your finger on the pulse of my research – one of the main component comes from flowers!

KK on March 13, 2011 at 4:55 am
“I could feel it in my bones, the pharmaceuticals industry is going for a shakeup soon. It only takes one Wikileaks expose. Yesterday, the UAE revealed that 30% of its over the counter and prescription drugs are fake. The fake drugs issue is the next big bust-up on a global scale.”

It’s starting now. Just in time when Aries ushered in Uranus.
gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/health/scientist-challenges-cholesterol-treatment-1.775495

Check Dr. Birkmayer. I hope he’s got birth details somewhere.

rob on March 4, 2011 at 3:51 am
Anna – thanks for the confirmation and detail – difficult to keep abreast of all that is happening over States way from this small island (UK)

Jupiter provoking governer Walker’s Saturn and Pluto undermining his Mars is refering to the current transits of Jup and Pluto to those natal planets in his chart – I will look more closely at his chart, but, as mentioned without a birth time we have no MC/IC or Asc/DC – we know he was born sometime during the pre-dawn hours of darkness….any further info would really be useful

I am particularly interested in this situation as the USA is currently on its second of three current exact Saturn return points to the Sibly chart, the last being in September – this is the final re-organising of the US power structure within and it will effect us globally – the economy will take the hits on the third return and the recall of troops and the ‘cash’ that funds them seems inevitable – in some ways the microcosm in Winsconsin is a mirror of the backdoor wheeler-dealing politic that has so seriously undermined the freedoms of the American people – but, no more can this happen – the people know that change can be made really effective now, especially with our communications technology – hoping we can all contribute to the flowering of this particular revolution, it will affect us all….

Anna on March 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm
Thank you Rob for your interest in what’s happening in the USA, and in the state of Wisconsin in particular. We have been told that the eyes of the country, and the world, are on us. This makes the people here even more steadfast in their stance against the “backdoor wheeler-dealing politic that has so seriously undermined the freedoms of the American people” and the freedom of others in the world. I was out protesting on the streets three times this past week and plan to go again soon.

I hope the re-organizing of the US power structure that you speak of is in the best interests of the people. It’s scary to think that in September our economy will take another hit – on the other hand, getting our troops back home and spending less on the military will be a positive shift. When was the first Saturn return point?

I will attempt to get the birth time of Walker for you. It may take a while.

Anna

Jamie on March 7, 2011 at 4:50 am
Yes, thanks Rob. I’m having trouble keeping up with all the mundane news, been very busy on the international scene, forgot about little old USA. Have the technical stuff dome on the US transits this year, will get the post out before the major transits in the middle of the year.

boobook on March 4, 2011 at 5:07 am
hi folks, am following with great interest more power to all of you. boobook

KK on March 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm
“It is fascinating that we have been discussing the burqa in context with the upcoming Uranus/Lilith conjunction. They are within orb right now and their midpoint is exact square that ACUMEN. Women’s rage boiling under the mask, ready to lash out, but like the Scorpion they must be careful not to get killed in the process. What is interesting is that the North Node is also conjunct SINISTRA, while the planet of sex, Mars, is parallel SINISTRA. So here comes Lilith again. This star in the snake charmer is “Lustful, wanton, infamous, scandalous, addicted to sorcery and poisoning.” [1]

Is that what the burqa is covering, those writhing serpents? From a feminist perspective the chart looks like women being subjugated under the dominant Saturn. But the degree of domination changes depending from where you view it around the world. Here in the Uk, Saturn is only just above the horizon and not bearing down on women (Or the masses) too much. But if you look at it from Tripoli, Saturn is pinning them down to the ground with poor Venus buried on the IC.”

With due respect to Jamie, Marina and Rob whom I consider the real experts here, I would like to give my own interpretation by picking up the vibes on Marina’s take as quoted above…and would dare to speak from the murky depths of my 12th house in joint reference to this editorial story regarding Saif-al-Gaddafi bbc.co.uk/news/world-12626320

The unveiling of the burqa is that of Saif’s real danger in the disguise of culture, breeding and wealth. He is long considered to be the ‘face’ of this inhuman arab/african regime. In fact Saif is more dangerous than his father, really. I wouldn’t really be surprised if his homosexuality will be uncovered in the coming days. I have no personal gender bias but I believe that the most powerful individuals who walked this earth have skillfully mastered their homosexual tendencies to work on their favor.

I would say that the astrological spotlight is on him. I hope his birth chart will come up somewhere.

Marina on March 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm
That could be actually. Sinistra could be considered a homosexual star. Usually these perverted, lusty, dark goddessy stars were branded homosexual by the ancients. Anything taboo like that. Isn’t homosexuality another thing that you can be strung up for according to Allah?
Suppressing any sexual urges always seems to manifest in some sort of evil tyrant.

Phoenix on March 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Wow! As I read this I thought of a You Tube video I had just posted a few days ago!

I had not read this as of that time…I think you will find this interesting.

Gimme Shelter:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hkh7_1hmlzw

Marina on March 8, 2011 at 1:06 pm
Wow! I really loved that. Thanks. This also fits very well with the Lilith revolution post with all the burqa shots. Says so much without words. Great song too, loved how it begins before the vocals kicked in. The crows and the Moon. Haunting.

R.Ross on March 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm
Thanks for a very interesting article. Any mention of Saturn and I am curious, living as I do with Saturn conjunct my Sun in the Eighth House in Virgo.

Marina on March 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Have you seen that horrid picture of him eating his babies in Jamies post? I find these myths fascinating. What is it about Saturn eating it’s own creations huh?
I see Gaddafi is still firing on his people from jet planes above. Women and children getting hit. It’s so sad. That really IS Saturn destroying the next generation/future.

R.Ross on March 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm
Saturn is a complex figure mythologically. I interpret the ‘babyeating’ as the rigid, patriarchal side of Saturn (lots more to him than that)’consuming’ the creative urge before it can mature. Anyone who writes, paints, creates in any way, with a strong Saturn will find they are ‘limited’ by the inner (critical.. father) voice which destroys even as one tries to bring to birth. Saturn is also Death which both creates and destroys; Grim Reaper and also equates with a guiding Father aspect I believe. There is great wisdom in Saturn who is the greatest teacher in many ways.

rob on March 8, 2011 at 9:58 pm
“Anyone who writes, paints, creates in any way, with a strong Saturn will find they are ‘limited’ by the inner (critical.. father) voice which destroys even as one tries to bring to birth.”
R.Ross – sorry mate but I have to disagree with you there – I have first house Saturn in Sag (strong in aspects too) and this placement has been an absolute gift for focusing my creative energies – he can be very lens like, crystal clear and allow a real letting go without fear of dissolution in the creative process – I love process work in all that I do, whether sculpting , painting, music, writing, healing or divining, and feel that Saturn has enabled me to work this way which requires letting go without limiting through critical intervention – there is an esoteric saying ‘the more grounded you are the further out you can travel’ – thats him facilitating as far as I can see

R.Ross on March 9, 2011 at 6:31 am
@rob, and you remind me of how easy it is to be divided by a common language and how all is interpretation. To one person the Saturn energy is felt as ‘limit’ although I had it in quotes because I qualify the use of that word, and to another such as yourself, that ‘limit’ manifests as focus. When we focus, as needs we must often, we turn our attention in one direction, therefore limiting our ability to ‘see’ in other ways. It is a bit like a definition of masculine/feminine which had masculine energy as focussed consciousness and feminine energy as diffuse awareness. All is perception sourced in our own individual makeup and a powerful reminder that all is perception is the fact that the physiological response for fear and excitement are one and the same; the only difference is our interpretation of that feeling response.

rob on March 9, 2011 at 7:16 am (Edit)
Ok – that seems like a fair defence of the “qualified use of “limit’ but, what about the rest?

“Anyone who writes, paints, creates in any way, with a strong Saturn will find” seems pretty clear, and

” the inner (critical.. father) voice which destroys even as one tries to bring to birth” can be interpreted any number of ways, but, the essense remains, or does it? Go ahead….

R.Ross on March 9, 2011 at 7:26 am
The rest stands. The important word was ‘strong.’ A strong Saturn will, in the negative sense, about which I was speaking, be influenced by it’s placement and aspects in the chart as we both know. Just as no experience in life is the same for one person as it is for another – what makes one stronger destroys another – so no placement or aspect is generic. What amounts to a strong Saturn for one person will not necessarily have the same effect in another chart even if placement and aspects are the same. The ‘strength’ of Saturn’s influence as I described can only be interpreted in each individual chart.

rob on March 9, 2011 at 7:35 am
best be careful of using that word “anyone’ then eh?

Jamie on March 9, 2011 at 2:28 am
I think how Saturn plays out in your chart depends on many factors. Aspects of course, but also how old your are and how many of Saturn’s tests you have faced, and how you scored. I have a very tight Mercury/Venus opposite Saturn. When I was a child I was very creative with writing, art and music, but never spoke much and was very insecure about speaking.

The creative writing, art and music seized up at my first Saturn opposition, age 14. After my Saturn return, I found great concentration and interest in astrology as a creative outlet. It wasn’t till Saturn trine Saturn 4 years ago that I really started talking and writing with confidence, mainly on the internet. So creative writing has come back so long as it’s related to structure (astrology for me), but I’m still retarded with artwork and music, and have always danced like a malfunctioning robot.

R.Ross on March 9, 2011 at 6:34 am
@Jamie, yes, I think that is very true in regard to Saturn and of course the limiting or disciplining ‘face’ of Saturn softens as one ages. The old man or woman’s friend it has been said. Saturn’s gifts are more likely to be received when one is older and Saturn’s tests are more likely to be felt when one is younger. Saturn perhaps more than any energy perfectly reflects the reality that, within every curse there is a gift and perhaps vice-versa.

R.Ross on March 9, 2011 at 7:43 am
@Rob,
Your reply appeared in my inbox but not here, however, to respond:

You said: best be careful of using that word “anyone’ then eh?

Not at all. The use of the term strong Saturn qualified it. However, it is a reminder of how easily one can be divided by a common language and one should never assume that the words written convey the intended message to all given the vagaries of perception and interpretation. And never more so than with those who lean toward literality.

rob on March 9, 2011 at 8:12 am
so you still think “anyone” with a strong Saturn etc etc….OK, at least we know where you stand…
trouble is, when one comes to view a new chart, an astrologer cannot afford to carry such pre-emptive assumptions – the energy of the chart is neutral, until interpreted, and that, in the best circumstances, is arrived at out of inter-action between the astrologer and the client – the vagaries of perception and the subtlies of semantics are always open for awareness, otherwise you simply give yourself permission to disseminate vagaries and incite mis-interpretations

R.Ross on March 9, 2011 at 8:31 am
@rob,
Hmmm, this division within a common language is serious. I said that above in the words: The strength of Saturn’s influence can only be interpreted in each individual chart.

But, even saying that there is nothing in this world which is objective. We all carry with us our own beliefs and expectations which is why, beyond the generic, there can be such differences in astrological readings.

Marina on March 13, 2011 at 7:47 am
@R Ross. You said: “But, even saying that there is nothing in this world which is objective. We all carry with us our own beliefs and expectations which is why, beyond the generic, there can be such differences in astrological readings”

A good astrologer has to TRY to be objective. See both sides. Thats why Mercury is associated with Astrology. Differences in readings.. Accurate ones and just plain bad ones? The bad ones being where you just focus on the negative function of a planet, not showing your client how a mature or immature Saturn works.
Yes ofcourse you do have to look at the whole chart with Saturn or indeed ANY planet. But you can isolate the elements and ponder about how it works with such and such…I suppose Saturn is one of the most crucial to get right since its the one most people fear.
And the star it is on will make all the difference too. When you read the fixed stars books you will see how Saturn on certain stars brings out the best in that star whereas Venus very often does not.

The baby eating side of Saturn I don’t see myself, especially as an artist. I lean to him being a crystalizator (if such a word exists!). My guess people who don’t have an artistic channel are more likely to consume rather than release. Conspicuous consumption springs to mind. People who clutter their home up with “goods”.

Saying that, Saturn in aspect to Lilith would bring out the baby eating side wouldnt it? Also possibly Saturn with Ceres, both having the scythe as a symbol, harvesting, reaping, but hoarding…more on the consumption side. Saturn/Pluto midpoint is supposed to the the point of loss. Purging.

R.Ross on March 13, 2011 at 8:07 am
Hi Marina, I probably should have clarified. What I really meant was that there are or can be differences in how the chart is viewed which will influence readings. One of the world’s greatest astrologers who did a reading for me many years ago said:’I don’t believe in Chiron.’ and just as you incorporate the asteroids so others do not. and then there is esoteric astrology which incorporates the rays and that also influences readings.
I know there are good and bad readings which is why it is important to know what accreditation your astrologer has, but there are also differences in belief, perception and interpretation. Not radical ones, but they exist.
In my view a good astrologer does not predict actualities – they merely talk about the influences and energies at work and where they are at work etc. etc. There are some astrologers who are so intuitive no doubt they can predict but it is a dangerous practice. I encountered this with my first ever reading 30 years ago when the breakup of my marriage was predicted. I won’t go into detail but I had read enough astrology to understand why she said what she said but I also knew the stars impel they do not compel and that was her interpretation. She was absolutely right in the September seeing me (spot on with the date) travel across water, leave my home and all my friends behind, start a new life in strange surroundings, let go of all the security I had (lost my job) etc. etc. but it wasn’t the breakup of my marriage… totally wrong about that… but a posting overseas (first ever, first of many) with my husband and family. She was not what I would call a good astrologer although clearly she was ‘reading what the chart said’ because I knew enough even then, to know why she said what she said. But very wrong all the same.
As to Saturn, I have not gone far into fixed stars or asteroids for that matter but it fascinates me. I have my Sun in Virgo in the Eighth House as I said with Saturn conjunct on my left and Pallas Athena conjunct on my right. I feel Pallas has a balancing effect in this position with Saturn.
I take the baby-eating aspect symbolically, as I think one is meant to take all mythology. Unfortunately we have lived in a rather literal world for many centuries. I believe the Bible needs to be read symbolically and metaphorically and not literally…. very left-brain, masculine, fixed approach. However, I am sure it needed to be done that way for a time. We cannot appreciate other until we experience the opposite.

R.Ross on March 13, 2011 at 8:09 am
I meant to say the reading was done in the September and the ‘prediction’ took place the following February. And there were certainly ‘marriage issues’ at the time, but not one’s which would have led to a breakup.

KK on March 16, 2011 at 8:26 am
I’m quite enlightened with this rather ‘heated’ or shall I say ‘warmed up’ exchange about Saturn interpretation in a chart. How do we measure the strength of Saturn in one’s chart? Having Saturn in tight conjunction with my Venus and Mercury in the 12th house, I haven’t showed any outward Saturn manifestations until I open my mouth or pick up my pen, then the sage in me goes out to reach far into the rest of the world from my 12th house. I don’t see it as a father icon…it’s a mentor in my chart. Truly enough, I have always maintained good relations to this day with all of my mentors (men and women alike) since childhood, university, corporate environments and now in the esoterics world. I think we could choose to ignore Saturn for the rest of our lives and go on pretending that its influence is nil, but in my case, I was wise enough to have manifested it early in life…which put me in a much better stead than I could ever be today. So I would say, that a strong Saturn will carry the whole chart only if we consciously allow it.