Home Moon Phases Full Moon April 2011 – Unchained Mind

Full Moon April 2011 – Unchained Mind

The Full Moon on April 18 is at 27º 44’ Libra. Mercury is slowing down about to take a bend before it turns direct. We have a tight Mars opposition to a squarking Algorab Saturn and the Moon is part of an aspect pattern known as a “ Decorative” which involves Venus and the North Node.

Mercury retrograde will station direct right on the Mars point of this chart, sticking around 12 degrees Aries until the quarter Moon on the April 25. So this Moon has a feel of drawing back
a bow or pulling oneself back for a deep breath before launching a missile the moment Mercury goes direct. It feel like time is warping and going into slow motion. We are still in the retrograde zone until May 11. So the next two weeks will be a shadow Moon for us, still refining while moving steadily forward in a stop-start, Mars-Saturn kind of way. We must try and keep patient while we are itching to scoot ahead.

Saturn is still on Algorab the crow, this will get triggered by Mars now, so sneaky plans brewing at the Hubble Bubble New Moon may well get served up for dinner at this Full Moon. Four and twenty charred blackbirds. Mmmmm nice… Perhaps burnt then because we still have Lilith conjunct Uranus, so the witching theme continues, along with the danger of being struck by one of Uranus’s thunderbolts. Frazzled Crow anyone?

Mercury will slither backward through the story of Andromeda for this retrograde period. It starts off in Andromeda – April 18, then goes to Cepheus, her father, who sacrificed her to save his kingdom – April 23, back to Andromeda – April 29, followed by Cetus the sea monster who was sent to gobble the poor girl up – May 9. You can find the exact degrees on the Mercury retrograde chart .

I mentioned in the last New Moon which was on Alpheratz that:

All I can see here is some extreme measures taken in relationships to chain up the errant wife or husband out of fear. The Lilith side is flexing its newly found strength and is not standing for further abuse any longer. But Saturn on Algorab is totally petrified of the outcome”

The New Moon story continues but with Mercury there now.. Parents holding kids for ransom, civilian shields in warfare, human sacrifices. Mercury retrograde exposes that which the Underworld likes to keep hidden. What I mean by the Underworld in this case is the shady deals we don’t see, what the media glosses over with its bogus reporting.

Stuff that has been festering can now be brought to a head. The messenger on Alpheratz bodes well for unchaining the mind, freeing us of our phobias and irrational thoughts. The Full Moon will be shining on our inner chained up Princesses, just at the spot of the last New Moon. Those with cardinals (Aries, Libra, Cancer and Capricorn) at 14 degs will have been feeling all this the most.

The aspect pattern is a nice one to go with the Mercury retrograde. The “Decorative” is good at processing and accumulating data, it takes in the information from the Venus/Sun end of the opposition and converts the tension and stress into harmony at the North Node/Moon end, like a massage for the soul, easing out the knots. It is also a good decoder, the red squares give it shields of defence, good for going undercover, like Mercury’s invisible helmet.

It is peering down into that Aries stellium. There could be some exposes and whistle blowing. This “Decorative” aspect is not just a pretty face, it works slow and steady, like a bull dozer, which is exactly what Saturn does with Mars once it gets going. This will clear any intellectual obstacles in its path and any mental blocks holding us back. Phobia’s can be conquered and mind control could be zapped.

AlterEgoTrip on April 12, 2011 at 10:56 am

To eventually stop colouring my hair and leave it white, regardless of what my mother in law says. Its going to be desperate short if I do cut it though.

I feel so shallow and superficial talking about my hair in the larger scheme of things.. but on the other hand.. to be as IS is important and beneficial for me. It is about getting out of the cage we all put ourselves in, inside our minds.

(nice use of that image again)

Marina on April 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm
Well the AC is the body, so accepting your appearance and not trying to cheat time (Saturn) seems quite apt for this Full Moon. I like the thought of going white once it gets to that stage. Very Queen of Swords! The crone seems very strong in this New Moon period, so flaunt that silver haired wisdom.
Ha ha, I didnt think anyone would notice me using an old image, it just went so well!

uberqueenofwands on April 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm
AlterEgoTrip: 27º 44 is the exact trine to my ASC. That Moon is exactly conjunct natal Juno in my chart as well. I hope it is as positive as it seems. At least the Sun on natal Saturn and that Saturn transiting Square to my natal Sun/Venus can be a time for minimizing and I was thinking, toying with the idea to strip down to basics…

(nice use of that image again)

Hair isn’t that superficial! People have been using it to make statements for years!

Charyl on April 13, 2011 at 6:48 pm
I’m doing the same. Letting my hair go grey and for the same reason. I yam as I am. Cheating time Marina… Never thought of it that way. I would love to cheat time by finding the timeless more often.

Jamie on April 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm
The Norse goddess Urda sounds the equivalent of the Roman Nona and the Greek Clotho (Klotho)

“Clotho was responsible for spinning the thread of human life. She also made major decisions, such as when a person was born, thus in effect controlling people’s lives. This power enabled her not only to choose who was born, but also to decide when gods or mortals were to be saved or put to death.” en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotho

Marina on April 12, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Funny how spinning wheels are such an archetypal symbol for fate. It makes me think of all the crocheting old women in sicily, the black widows, then you think of spiders..Now we have a cyber web.
I used to have the Haindl tarot. I always liked Spider woman. (Queen of pentacles)

rob on April 13, 2011 at 5:53 pm
Hi Sibora – astro.com lists 892 as Seeligeria, a minor planet orbiting >< 300M miles from the Sun with an orbital period of just over 5 years – Urda is 167 yes, but, they have Erda as 894 – etimology of Seeligeria is doubtful. See and Seeli meaning sea and lake, Ligeria is a genus of fly, geria is a vine growing area of land – I like ‘lake below the vineyards’, but, it could also be Sea-fly – what to make of it, certainly watery? – anyway, Erda is old Germanic, meaning Earth, not to be confused with Urda (Urdr) – strangely, I have Urda on my Asc and Erda trine Jupiter trine DC, so thanks for the nudge – I would be none the wiser without your question!

Sibora on April 14, 2011 at 9:28 am
Oh, I’m sorry,I meant 894, I mistyped the number.Seeligeria was designated after the German astronomer Hans von Seeliger.Seeligeria sounds nice..

rob on April 13, 2011 at 8:00 pm
Erda 894 is conjunct the Moon, but, amazingly Urda 167 is sextile the North Node at this Full Moon and a wide trine to the Moon+Erda – your reading is holding much hidden magic Marina…..

rob on April 13, 2011 at 8:27 pm
the plot thickens…..if we put Skuld (1130) the ‘future’ Norn into the chart we get Skuld (26.28 Leo) opposite Urda (22.21 Aquarius), so, Urda trine Moon+Erda trine South Node, and, Skuld trine Sun trine North Node….is this getting spooky yet – a fatefull Star of David?!

Maureen on April 14, 2011 at 3:08 am
I’m very new to studying asteroids, moon phases and how they all work in a horoscope and please let me say I love all the information and knowledge everyone has- it blows me away and has renewed my love of astrology. I normally try to figure out the answers to my questions but my googling hasn’t produced any good information at all. My birthday is the 18th and my natal moon is at 14 degrees Capricorn…while I’m always excited for my birthday I can’t recall there being a full moon and I wonder if it’s significant. And am I correct in thinking that this will be a more emotional full moon because my natal moon is at 14 degrees Cap? The more I think about it the more overwhelming it is so I was just hoping someone could help. Thank you.

Marina on April 15, 2011 at 1:34 am
It will be significant for two reasons. 1) Your Solar return chart will feature this Mercury retrograde. 2) Mercury retrograde is squaring your Moon, so the stop/start Saturn Mars opposition will effect you more than most.
So your emotions may also be very stop/start. The Andromeda theme I have mentioned in this post should apply to you more than most because of your Moon being at that important degree. So does this post ring any bells for you?

Maureen on April 16, 2011 at 12:13 am
Marina- Thank you so much for the reply- I very much appreciate it! And to answer your question and without boring you with details my emotions have very much been start/stop lately. I thank you for the feedback!

Sol on April 15, 2011 at 7:41 pm
I have planets all in (Aries, Libra, Cancer and Capricorn) and Ive been very, very ill with a killer flu and bronchitis, thats been recycling around for months, Ive been sick every day since November. But especially since January its been really bad. Is it about to end? Ive been letharic, and depressed since January most of all.

Marina on April 16, 2011 at 1:57 am
Sorry to hear that Sol, sometimes these big flu’s are just natures way of giving you a detox and telling you to slow down. If you have anything at 7 degs of the Cardinals then you are getting Pluto(Master detoxer) squaring them all. That’s tough, but atleast you know it will end when Pluto comes off those planets. Maybe you just have alot of stuff at 7degs in the cardinals? Did the eclipse in January hit you hard by any chance? It was at 13°39? Capricorn or is Neptune messing with your energy planets, Mars or the Sun?

Kjerstin on April 16, 2011 at 6:53 am
Thanks Marina for this excellent post again.

I am a medium and have been picking up on this ‘stop-start-stop-start’ energy, thought I would pop in to Dark Star and sure enough you have a post on it! Thanks!

I liked the Queen of Swords card for this. In my Tarot of The Spirit, By Pamela Eakins, The Mother Wind (Queen of Swords equivalent) is listed as having the qualities of “clarification, objectivity and rationality, a time for global thinking…She knows the truth. The truth sets her free. She knows that true freedom exists in aligning one’s internal will with the cosmic will. In learning this, we stand at the Eastern Threshold: the threshold of transcendence.”… Eakins

I would like to suggest that that ‘threshold of transcendence’ is what this ‘astrological agitate cycle’ is bringing us to.

Much Love and good thoughts to you and yours

Kjerstin

Marina on April 18, 2011 at 2:59 am
Thanks for the Queen of swords info. I wasn’t sure about doing the tarot with these moons but it really seems to be adding another layer and be complementing the whole moon stories. I have been feeling more of the start than the stop and have to keep holding myself back. Trying to keep grounded wit that Saturn, but very much feeling the Queen of Swords. I am feeling very aware of being a little too Aquarian when judging others (see Mc Canns). Aquarians/Uranians can lack empathy this is true, in their pursuit of the ideal and the truth.

boobook on April 17, 2011 at 5:34 am
I ask for some assistance please.My knowledge of astrology has been limited to I’m a sag, then I find moon in pisces. The reason I ask for help? I’m in Oz,full moon’s not far away some fairly tense situations hovering around,some I just didn’t see coming thought this was going to be both a good month and a pleasing moon.My d.o.b is 25.11.52. I really would appreciate any help thanks

rob on April 17, 2011 at 11:42 pm
This Moon forms a double yod pointing in opposite directions to each other with my Asc/DC as the action/reaction points – does this configuration have a name, apart from ‘what the f**k’ and ‘bloody hellfire’ ?

rob on April 17, 2011 at 11:55 pm
should explain – Moon sextile NN to DC and Sun sextile SN to Asc

Marina on April 18, 2011 at 1:21 am
Rob, the Hubers call it a Bathtub. Personality wise it would be someone who; “aspires to keep what they have at any price. The cleverly avoid losses, want to keep everything together and make every effort not to dissipate their energies.” I still think “Bloody hellfire” is a better name though!

boobook on April 18, 2011 at 12:59 am
Thanks (I think).Interesting read

WILL on May 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
Dear Marina,
Thank you for your reply of the 30th of March. You may be interested in what
happened to me on Sunday the 17th of April. My carer had left at 4pm after
the usual 7 hour shift. I had looked at the transiting chart for this day
and as quite a few personal points of my natal chart were involved I
wondered what was going to happen. As T Dragons Head was on the Galactic
Centre sqaring my MC, IC and T Mars was within a degree of squaring my
natal ascendant you’d think I would have been more careful as T moon was
square my natal moon and also there was a saturn jupiter opposition making
a T square to my natal moon. So all this was pointing to something dangerous
about to happen. Big deal I thought it was just another textbook scenario, I
was above all that. How wrong could I be?
At about 7pm I wheeled myself for my computer room to my bedroom to have a break from the internet. I used the bars next to my bed to stand up and swat up and down holding one of the bars with my hands. By 7.30 pm I had done about 10 of these swatting exercises and sat down on the bed to rest. After listening to the radio for about 10 minutes I got up to do some more exercise. It was then that my knee gave up and I plonked my bum on the floor. After about 3 hours of struggling to get up from the floor I realized that I couldn’t do it. This was going on towards 10 – 10.30 pm. I had left my mobile phone in the computer room down the other end of a long corridor, so I was cut off from the rest of the world for the next 11 hours until my support worker came 9 am the following morning.
At this point I could have just sat there on the floor until my supportworker came some 11 later, but I was sick to death with universal karma arranging my life for me. I wanted to take it by both hands around the throat and show it who is boss. I decided to lie down on the floor on my stomach but it was then that universal karma held my physically to the floor pinning my hands and bent arms under my shoulders. I was stuck literally in that position for the next 11 hours during which time I urinated on the floor because I couldn’t roll over on my back to crawl over to the urinal bottle just a few feet away. As time moved slowly towards morning I moved my head from side to side rubbing my chin against the carpet, thereby grazing my chin. I felt relieved in a sense that it happened this way. Confronted by your own vulnerability can be a harrowing experience but it can also be a rewarding one, It all depends on the way you look at it.